Skip to main content

Can a person out of usa be arrested for blackmailing?

Brooklyn, NY |

she is threatening to upload an embarrassing video of me if i don't send her $300.
she says that she's in philippines

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Re-post in Internation Law and Civil Litigation and / or contact the FBI

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

  2. Yes the person can get arrested, though not easy to have the police do their job. Contact local police department about it.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  3. A person outside the US may be indicted in the US, and if the country in which she lives is willing to entertain extradition and the prosecutor's office willing to pay for it, yes, she may be arrested. Don't hold your breath.

    If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics