Can a person out of usa be arrested for blackmailing?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

she is threatening to upload an embarrassing video of me if i don't send her $300.
she says that she's in philippines

1. 1

Answered . Re-post in Internation Law and Civil Litigation and / or contact the FBI

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. 1

Answered . Yes the person can get arrested, though not easy to have the police do their job. Contact local police department about it.

3. 1

Answered . A person outside the US may be indicted in the US, and if the country in which she lives is willing to entertain extradition and the prosecutor's office willing to pay for it, yes, she may be arrested. Don't hold your breath.