Can a person in indiana file a complaint against a landlord for sexual harressment?

Indianapolis, IN |

my grandsons girlfriend is pregnant, and the landlord they just rented from, has been coming on to her and the other female tennant, by suggestive innuindos. Asking her out for coffee and coming up to her work, stopping by their apartment for no reason. My grandson is in jail and can't do anything about it, he is my landlord and I know he does this to all females he thinks are attractive. She is afraid to even answer the door afraid it is him, at night. She is afraid if she complains he will make her move, is there anything she can do about it.? thank you.

Document, document, document. Co0nsider speaking to a personal injury attorney and a private investigator and if this were in Texas (check your state laws) we would advise our client to tape record or better yet to videotape the perpetrator. Once you catch him, you have him by his tailfeathers. You can sue him and he won';t be able to deny it.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant