Can a person get there criminal record sealed for employment purposes only?

Colorado Springs, CO |

denied work do to a felony can a person seal there criminal record to help a person to get a job?

1. If the conviction is a COLORADO conviction and was one of the limited controlled substances provided for in the sealing statute, and you have no new charges since that case for specific amount of time, then the case may be eligible for sealing.

Call a lawyer to check your case and criminal history and compare it to the requirements of the law

You can reach Mark Solomon at (720) 722-2050 for clarifications to any answers here. This is general informational response is based only on the information given. It should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer and getting a full consultation. This response to the question does not create an attorney-client relationship. This is general informational response is based only on the information given. It should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer and getting a full consultation. This response to the question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Mark Solomon Criminal Defense Attorney Solomon Law, P.C. 1733 High St. Denver, CO 80218 (720) 722-2050 http://www.solomonesq.com/

2. Mr. Solomon is dead on with his analysis. You really ought to give him a call for help!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. Need more information. Counsel is correct that the Restorative Justice Act expressly talks about drug cases specificly. But the language and history of the Act leaves room for a broader application. El Paso County has allowed sealing some non drug cases. The local magistrate and DA have agreed on at least one case with me that it can be applied more broadly under non drug convictions. You need years of staying out of trouble and the consent of the DA to do it here, which is not easy to get, but can happen. The analysis and argument is complicated and the DA involved has to be convinced on a case by case basis, but it has happened here.