Can a person get guardianship of an 18 year old in the state of MO.

Asked over 4 years ago - Perryville, MO

We have my husband's son's sister. we got a Guardianship paper notarized. But tried to enroll her in collage and the said it had to go through court. or papers signed by her mother. We called her and asked her to fill papers out. She said yes but now she wont answer her phone and we don't know where she is. So we need to know if we can still go though court now that she is 18? or is there another way to get a pell grant?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Kenneth V. Zichi

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Unless an individual over the age of 18 is 'incompetent' or 'incapacitated' guardianship is not needed nor is it allowed anywhere in the US that I am aware of.

    The short answer is that your niece can enroll herself in college and apply for scholarships and financial aid.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,623 answers this week

3,053 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,623 answers this week

3,053 attorneys answering