Skip to main content

Can a person get an annulment after 3 months of marriage

Edinburg, TX |

we got married in Wisconsin 3 months ago but I am a resident of Texas can we file for a annulment in Texas?

Attorney Answers 2


Odds are you do not qualify for an annulment, but you can get a divorce assuming you really do qualify as a resident and have lived in the county where you want t file for at least 90 days. If it is an uncontested divorce, the cost is probably about the same either way and the divorce is easier. Annulments have a number of very specific criteria.

For educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship was created by this communication.

Mark as helpful


Getting an annulment is unlikely, although you can get divorced.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics