Can a person get a restraining order on a person while they are in prison and about to get released

Puyallup, WA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

My babys dad is in prison, is there a way for me to obtain a restraing order before he gets out so that me and my son can be protected from him? Or do I have to wait for him to get out?

1. It is certainly possible to get a restraining, or personal protection order against someone who is about to be released from prison. The significant question, (that your question does not address), is was he in prison for a crime of violence against you and/or your son; if he was than certainly you should be able to obtain such an order. Most counties employ some type of individual to provide information and/or assistance in the personal protection order application process. You might want to contact your local county clerks office or local prosecutor's/district attorney's office.