Can a person for Identity Theft be sued even if happen before ten years?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I would like to know is it possible to sue a person that made Identity Theft to me but it was before 10 years but I recently have found out who it was with my name on there two home address.I lived in Europe a long time and I had no clue about what was happening to my SSN but apparently a person that I stayed at that time when I was getting my SSN gave the information to the scums as they both knew I do not live in USA.Any legal advise would be great as I would like to do anything just for them not to get away with it,I hope they have something that they bought on funds on account that some agency can arrest them or something and would I be able to sue them for damage in some way?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . I doubt you can overcome the statute of limitations.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Contact the credit reporting agencies to clean up your record. They may require a police report of the crime.

3. Christopher Gary Todd

1

1

Answered . Whether or not you still have a viable cause of action really depends on when (or if) the person(s) have stopped using your information. You should report this to the police, and as another colleague stated, contact the credit bureaus.