Can a person be targeted for indictment without any prior courts and how long after indictment am I required counsel

Deming, NM |

Got a target notice for charges that I am not aware of. They just targeted me without any courts prior.

Hire an experienced attorney to help you. This is a serious charge.

2. You are targeted for indictment when you've committed a crime. You don't always get notice if charges are being brought against you. You get an attorney when you make your first appearance in court.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

3. They do not have to file a criminal complaint before you get the target letter. If the grand jury indicts you, you will receive a summons to appear in district court for arraignment to enter a plea and set up bond and other conditions of your release pending trial.

Please do not confuse the casual and impersonal exchange in this or any legal chat room with entering into an attorney-client relationship. If your situation warrants formal legal assistance, you should begin the process of hiring Mr. Aarons at info@aarons.org or another lawyer to consider all of the relevant facts and law in your case.

Civil rights topics