Can a person be issues a FEE WAIVER on either a I=130 or I-601A Form?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Santa Ana, CA

If a person applies for a I=601A waiver for his alien wife, does he have to pay the $585 fee of can this be waived? I was informed there are some Forms (like the I-130) where you cannot get a fee waiver?

1. Javier G Pineda

5

Best Answer

Answered . You have to pay. No fee waivers for this process. This is from USCIS.
    Q8. Will USCIS waive the filing fees for provisional unlawful presence waiver applications?

A8. No. Fee waivers generally are available only if the fees for the underlying application are waivable. Currently, fee waivers are not allowed for the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, which is the basis for the provisional unlawful presence waiver. USCIS, therefore, will not accept fee waiver requests for the Form I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver. The provisional waiver application fee is $585.00 and the biometrics fee of $85.00.

2. Belen Teresa Gomez

4

1

Answered . I agree. There isn't a fee waiver in this situation. It is also necessary to show that the applicant/beneficiary will not be a financial burden on the U.S. government and requesting a fee waiver may work against your overall case.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

5

Answered . No fee wiavers for this process