Can a person be bonded out a second time from immigration custody?

Chicago, IL |

I bonded out my brother 2 years ago now he is detained again. He has a conviction for DUI/Licence suspended.

1. It is theoretically possible, but it is very difficult. ICE takes the position that since he was already out on bond, he knew that he must be very careful to follow all laws. With the huge focus on DUI across the country, no ICE supervisor or ICE attorney or immigration judge wants to grant bond to someone who might go out and drink and drive and kill someone. Much will depend on who the judge is and how much evidence you can show the judge (in a Motion to Reconsider Bond) that your brother does not pose a danger to the public. It's a hard sell.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

2. Yes. Each time you will face more difficulty of getting him out on bond.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

3. Yes.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

DUI topics