Can a permanent legal residents of the United States invite a family member to the USA for wedding?

Asked 11 months ago - Dallas, TX

My fiancé is a legal permanent resident of the United States he holds a green card and has a stable job we are about to get married and would like for our parents to be present. His dad has a good job and can Provide ties to our country and show proof of income for him and his wife. The only promble is my mom does not work but she has ties to our country can my fiancé invite (Sponsor ) my mother to come to the US for the wedding and show proof of support for her even if his not a US Citizen yet?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

22

Answered . Absolutely!

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

9

Answered . Yes your parents can file for a tourist visa.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

8

Answered . Yes.

4. Boris Alexander Palant

6

Answered . Sure he has every right to invite his relatives. Technically speaking, no invitation is required to get a B-2 Visa but since such visas are issued at the discretion of consular officers it is better to provide an invitation with documents supporting ties the invitee's with his/her country.

5. Veronica Tunitsky

4

Answered . Sure, family weddings are a great reason for relatives to come to the US as visitors. Just keep in mind that your parents are the applicants and will have to show sufficient ties to their home country in order to convince the Consular officer that they will return home at the conclusion of their visit.

I'm sure you have your hands full with planning for the wedding, but this might be a good time to also schedule that in-person, telephone, or Skype consultation to talk about what immigration options may be available to you once you marry even if your future husband is not a US citizen yet (permanent residents are able to sponsor their spouses for green cards right now UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS).