Can a parolee in ca talk with another parolee. none of the conditions say you cant.

Asked over 1 year ago - Concord, CA

friend is on parole in ca and Nevada, doing parole in Nevada. he just got arrested in Nevada and is in county there. my other friend is on parole in ca, none of his conditions say he cannot talk to other parolees so can he talk to the parolee in Nevada without getting in trouble?

1. Greg Hagopian

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . You can only get in trouble for either violating one of the parole terms, or breaking the law. If there is no term barring him from speaking to other parolees (and I have never heard of such a term being imposed) and if there is no gang term that would get in the way, I don't see a problem. The jail/prison will not let a felon physically visit, but they could talk over the phone or via letter. You should know that both are monitored by the guards.

2. Majid Seyfi

1

Answered . Depends on the conditions of parole. He may want to check with his parole officer.

3. Michael Carter Lukehart

Pro

Answered . Read the parole terms.