Skip to main content

Can a parolee be sentenced to probation for a new charge and continued on parole without going back to prison?

Saint Charles, MO |
Filed under: Criminal defense

He's in county on a parole hold. We are in Missouri. Parole Board placed him on the delayed action status rather than returning him to prison. He's been in county for 7 months.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    It really depends on your parole officer. The PO has great descretion in deciding whether to request that his parole be revoked. That being said, the answer to your specific question yes he could be placed on probation for the new charge and he could be continued on parole. He needs a lawyer which will greatly improve his chances of staying out of jail and/or prison.

  2. Yes, but he still can be sent to prison on the new charges as well

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

  3. The other out of state attorney is right. He can be continued but he could also be sent back to prison. He needs an attorney asap. Hire a private attorney or apply for a public defender attorney.

    NEVER describe your facts in an online forum. I have CONFIRMED there is at least ONE county prosecutor that is a member of this site. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics