Can a parolee be sentenced to probation for a new charge and continued on parole without going back to prison?

He's in county on a parole hold. We are in Missouri. Parole Board placed him on the delayed action status rather than returning him to prison. He's been in county for 7 months.

Saint Charles, MO -

Robert Franklin Torp

Robert Franklin Torp

Criminal Defense Attorney - Springfield, MO

It really depends on your parole officer. The PO has great descretion in deciding whether to request that his parole be revoked. That being said, the answer to your specific question yes he could be placed on probation for the new charge and he could be continued on parole. He needs a lawyer which will greatly improve his chances of staying out of jail and/or prison.

Robert Edward Caldwell Jr.

Robert Edward Caldwell Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Saint Louis, MO

The other out of state attorney is right. He can be continued but he could also be sent back to prison. He needs an attorney asap. Hire a private attorney or apply for a public defender attorney.

Stephen Ross Cohen

Stephen Ross Cohen

Criminal Defense Attorney - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Yes, but he still can be sent to prison on the new charges as well

Related Advice