Skip to main content

Can a parent of an inmate, claim them as a dependent on their federal taxes?

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Tax law

If a parent sends an inmate money to buy clothes/food while they are in a prison, can they claim them as a dependent?

Attorney Answers 1


I would not take that chance without consulting an accountant.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics