Can a officer legaly search my house with a application for search warrant? with the wrong address?

Kirksville, MO |

A police officer came to my house with a application for a search warrant, the application for a search warrant had the wrong address on it when i asked the officer questions about the application they put me in hand cuffs and took me to the car, then they proceeded to search my house. I reapeatedly asked the officers to leave my house till they came back with a warrant signed by a judge they ignored me.

Depends on the rest of what the search warrant says. Could be a suppression issue. If you are brought in for questioning or end up getting charged, hire an attorney immediately.

NEVER describe your facts in an online forum. I have CONFIRMED there is at least ONE county prosecutor that is a member of this site. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website http://mcmichael-logan.com

the "application for search warrant" didnt have any names on it just a wrong address

Robert Edward Caldwell Jr.

Robert Edward Caldwell Jr.

there are still other things on the search warrant that are important. if you have a copy of it, you can take it to an attorney to review, though, the damage, if any, is done, and you can bring it up as a suppression issue if charges are filed.

so a "application for search warrant" is a search warrant??

Robert Edward Caldwell Jr.

Robert Edward Caldwell Jr.

I cannot comment on a document that I cannot see. Courts generally have different documents from other courts. The application could also be signed as an Order, but I wouldn't know what it is without seeing it.

This is a classic subterfuge. You have specific rights here that need to be redressed
Pari@parisheth.com
314-614-3954

Im sorry I looked up subterfuge and cant tell what you mean. Im just trying to understand if what occured was legal

Paritosh Bhupesh Sheth

Paritosh Bhupesh Sheth

False pretext; the may have used a false warrant

I agree with Mr. Sheth this may be a false warrant.

Police misconduct topics