Can a officer call one of your family members and saying things like they should take my child cause he suspects drug selling

Asked over 2 years ago - Yuba City, CA

a officer has placed calls to my sons dad talking all kinds stufff that supposely im selling drugs goes to a friend of mines house who works with our county school district and tells her all kinds of stuff which 90 % of was lies or way way elaborated stories of me . yes i have a past but quite sometime ago and isnt that slandor? officer has embarassed me i lead a different life and i have full custody of my son beautiful home i work in a lawyer off or did at that time he just is trying to ruin my life ....what can i do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Darrell Jon York


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sounds like this officer has it out for you. If he is making false statements about you then you should consider filing a personnel complaint against him. His police department may have a policy which prohibits this type of conduct.

  2. Thomas Allen Neil

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your concern should NOT be whether it is slander. If you have not already found this, No PI attorney going to be interested in suing the officer because, the officer he said he only "suspects," and you have a history, and he may have more evidence, and you have a problem showing damages.

    Your concern SHOULD be what to do if CPS makes an allegation against you, or if your ex brings a motion in court to remove custody from you, based on thd officer's allegations. You WILL need an experienced at attorney to defend you at that time.

    Thomas Neil is a Sacramento attorney, representing clients in court in Sacramento and in surrounding counties. Or, if you cannot afford full representation then, for much less, Mr. Neil can instead write you the forms and declaration you need, and help you serve them, and you go to court by yourself. A well written declaration by an attorney, supported by proper evidence, will GREATLY increase your chances of sucess in court. Our office takes credit cards.

    Thomas A Neil
    3224 El camino Avenue
    Sacramento, CA 95821
    (916) 446-4153

  3. Juna Madray Pulayya

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . You should consult a local attorney so he or she can give you a complete legal analysis of your situation.

    JMP Law, P.A.
    Juna M. Pulayya

    Legal disclaimer: This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not use, interpret, or... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,538 answers this week

2,680 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,538 answers this week

2,680 attorneys answering