Skip to main content

Can a non immigrant apply for a state ID in florida? or a immigrant who over stayed a visa ?

West Palm Beach, FL |

visiting with a visitor visa ....... over stayed a visitor visa

the visa isn't expired just over stayed on it!

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You can check here for info:

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  2. No. Under the REAL ID Act, one must have a valid, unexpired nonimmigrant visa.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

  3. In Florida you must prove that you are lawfully present in the U.S. This means being in valid immigration status. Since you overstayed you are not in valid status and therefore ineligible for a state identification card or driver's license.

    While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics