Can a non-custodial parent who motions for 50/50 time get it if they do not present a plan for school, activities or after care?

Trenton, NJ |

I have asked the non-custodial parent for a plan (as they filed a motion) pertaining to joint custody, time split 50/50 being as our child is in preschool and has after care needs and extra curricular activities. The non-custodial parent is a very high conflict individual who does not plan visitation well and is not willing to provide me with their plan about maintaining the routine or familiar environments our child is used to. We live about 45 minutes from each other and all activities are in my area, being as I have custody currently. What are the chances they will get 50/50 when they have no plan for our child, whether in my area or theirs?

I don't know if you have an attorney, but if not, I would certainly ask the judge to schedule a mediation for family visitation planning and come up with a concrete visitation parenting-time plan. Many times, when there is high conflict between the parents, it is easier for the attorneys to try and smooth out the edges to come up with a workable plan.

DISCLAIMER: This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not legal advice unless you have entered into a fee agreement with the Law Office of Anthony J. Van Zwaren, P.C. and have paid the required fees. The information contained in this email may be privileged. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information contained within it by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments from your system and notify us.