Can a non-custodial parent who motions for 50/50 time get it if they do not present a plan for school, activities or after care?

Asked about 1 year ago - Trenton, NJ

I have asked the non-custodial parent for a plan (as they filed a motion) pertaining to joint custody, time split 50/50 being as our child is in preschool and has after care needs and extra curricular activities. The non-custodial parent is a very high conflict individual who does not plan visitation well and is not willing to provide me with their plan about maintaining the routine or familiar environments our child is used to. We live about 45 minutes from each other and all activities are in my area, being as I have custody currently. What are the chances they will get 50/50 when they have no plan for our child, whether in my area or theirs?

1. Anthony J Van Zwaren

Pro

Answered . I don't know if you have an attorney, but if not, I would certainly ask the judge to schedule a mediation for family visitation planning and come up with a concrete visitation parenting-time plan. Many times, when there is high conflict between the parents, it is easier for the attorneys to try and smooth out the edges to come up with a workable plan.