Can a non-citizen open an e-commerce business in the US ?

Asked 11 months ago - New York, NY

Hello!
I'm from Russia and I want to open a company in New York (LLC). I teach students via the Internet (I live in Russia), can this kind of activity be the basis for the opening the company? (literally I want to work here and pay taxes to US).
I would like to note that I'm not going to hire people, so I hope I won't break any rules. And I'd like to consult with professional lawyer.

1. Andrew Edward Shaughnessy

3

Answered . Yes, you would certainly be able to form a New York LLC. This does not, however, automatically entitle you to obtain a work visa if you plan on operating the business from the United States.

No Attorney / Client relationship exists
  2. Michael Charles Doland

4

Answered . There are no limits on a non-resident alien opening an LLC or corporation in the US. Opening the company does not provide visa benefits (residency and work permission.)

3. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

2

Answered . Sure. Nazdaroviye.

Uspeha vam.

4. Lawrence A. Schultis

2

Answered . There are no restrictions on who can form and who can own a U.S. company that would conflict with what you want to do.

Having a U.S. company does not require a right to come to the U.S., but does not give you one either.

A company can perform any legal business and do it from anywhere. There may be tax implications of collecting payment in the U.S., but since you will be setting up a U.S. company, withholding at source should not apply.