Can a Motion to vacate home and temporary orders be done in same motion?

Worcester, MA |

I filed for divorce and my husband is now going crazy. Can I file a motion to vacate and temporary orders at same time meaning in the same motion or is that two separate motions? Do I need to file an affidavit to? What do I say in the affidavit?

Yes to motion, and yes to affidavit

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

yes you may do both at the same time and the affidavit must be as specific as possible, outline each reason in numbered sentences or paragraphs, if you can work with a local attny you should, if you cannot then just remain calm and draft a simple narrative of his behavior and number the paragraphs remember the judge has limited time, so keep it powerful and simple. take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

They can be two separate motions or combined into one motion. If you are currently in the middle of divorce proceedings you should consult your divorce attorney or if you do not have one you probably should consult one because this situation sounds like it is getting out of hand fast. In your supporting affidavit you would state the facts under penalty of perjury and reasons for your motions. If you are in immediate danger call the police and you may be able to obtain a restraining order today or file with the courts when open. Best of luck.

Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. (It lets us know how we are doing.) Attorney Kremer is licensed to practice in Massachusetts. Please visit her Avvo profile for contact information. In accordance with Avvo guidelines, the following disclaimer applies to all responses given in this forum: The above is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created through the above answer.

You can have a request to vacate and other requests for temporary orders in the same motion or in separate motions to be heard at the same time. Normally, you should show, however, in the request to vacate by attached affidavit and at the hearing by your testimony that the "health, safety and welfare of yourself or any minor children residing with you and your spouse would be endangered or substantially impaired by a failure to enter such an order" to vacate. This langauge is taken from Chapter 208, section 34B which has many other provisions that you should get familiar with. The affidavit should set out the facts (not your opinion) that show the endangerment that the statute requires. I hope this helps.
Steve Zlochiver
Zlochiver & Associates
(617) 606-4888

Recommended articles about Family law