Skip to main content

Can a mother with promissory conservatorship go back to permit managing conservator again after 1 yr from the date of a final ?

San Antonio, TX |

It has been 1 yr. since the final court order concerning permanency of my kids has been set to my children aunt as permanent managing conservator. I only signed a temporary managing conservator agreement. i understand that after a yr. in TXTX it goes before the court again and changed to that scary word "permanent"
I was getting financially stable before I got them back but now that a yr. has passed their aunt is becoming very controlling and not willing to give them back. Does this mean there is no possible way to get myself back as permanent managing conservator?

Attorney Answers 1


No, it does not mean there is no way. But you are involved in a complicated custody situation and I would strongly urge you to meet with a local family law attorney. A local attorney can ask you a lot of detailed questions and then give you advice better tailored to your specific situation than you can get on a web site such as Avvo. Good luck!!

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics