Can a mother (green card holder) request "express processing" to speed an approved immigration petition for her son in Syria.

Hackensack, NJ |

Her son has already been approved for immigration but his case date is 2010 and LUSCIOUS is currently on 2005 . Due to the civil was in Syria and the constant threat on her son's life as battles occur around his residence on a daily basis , would petitioning for " express processing " be applicable in his situation ? If so , what is the process ?

apologies for the incorrect automatic computer correction for USCIS into LUSCIOUS. Also, if express processing is applicable what are the chances in such a situation.

Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass visa availability. Your friend's son will need to wait until an immigrant visa becomes available. He could potentially enter the United States with a non-immigrant visa such as an H-1B or L-1 visa depending upon his education and work experience. These non-immigrant visas allow for dual intent.

thank your very much for your answer. it is surprising that the US gov't would not make exceptions in circumstances where someone who's papers have already been approved and who's life is in danger to be able to immigrate and be a productive part of society. Would it be more appropriate fro his mother to file a request for Humanitarian Parole?

I agree

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

thank you for your answer.

There is no express processing available.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleagues

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Education law topics