Can a mother (green card holder) request "express processing" to speed an approved immigration petition for her son in Syria.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hackensack, NJ

Her son has already been approved for immigration but his case date is 2010 and LUSCIOUS is currently on 2005 . Due to the civil was in Syria and the constant threat on her son's life as battles occur around his residence on a daily basis , would petitioning for " express processing " be applicable in his situation ? If so , what is the process ?

Additional information

apologies for the incorrect automatic computer correction for USCIS into LUSCIOUS.
Also, if express processing is applicable what are the chances in such a situation.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass visa availability. Your friend's son will need to wait until an immigrant visa becomes available. He could potentially enter the United States with a non-immigrant visa such as an H-1B or L-1 visa depending upon his education and work experience. These non-immigrant visas allow for dual intent.

  2. Irene Vaisman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I agree

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . There is no express processing available.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I agree with my colleagues

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,365 answers this week

3,379 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,365 answers this week

3,379 attorneys answering