Can a marriage witness unwitness you after a while of marriage even tho you have a great marriage ?

Des Moines, IA |

I was reading a question and the same situation has happened to me, I am in Iowa or just even anywhere else if you have a problem with someone who witnessed your marriage a while ago and she asking for a copy of the marriage certificate because it has her name on it and claiming that she has the right for it just in case something happened !! threatening to unwitness my marriage and i have a great marriage, does she have the right to get a copy ? can she do anything to hurt our marriage ?

No.

Avvo answers are not substitutes for the educated opinion of a lawyer who knows the facts of your particular case and should not be relied upon as such. My answer to you did not create an attorney-client relationship. James J Bagley Whaley, Bowie and Bagley LLC Providence, RI 401 454 7700 jbagley@wbblegal.com

She cannot "un" witness your marriage.

This answer is for general education purposes only. It does not create an attorney-client relationship or provide legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided within the question and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. For legal inquiries all persons are recommended to consult an attorney in your state.

I agree, she cannot "unwitness." Someone trying to do so is admitting she was either lying when she acted as witness, or lying that she was not there. Sounds like a strange situation, but certainly nothing that will affect your marriage.