Can a male officer search a female at booking

Peabody, MA |

i got searched at time of arrest and them again when i was getting booked both times by a male and was hit on and touched with front of hand is this legal what can i do

1. You can certainly bring this to the attention of the police department. What are the charges against you?

2. CONTACT A LOCAL CRIMINAL ATTORNEY FOR ASSISTANCE WITH THIS MATTER - ALSO YOU CAN REPORT THIS MATTER IF YOU WERE VIOLATED TO THE POLICE COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

3. Suggest that if you believe the manner in which you e=were searched was inappropriate, you file a complaint with the sheriff's internal affairs unit, especially with the idea the deputy was "hitting" on you.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

4. If you were arrested then yes s male officer can search you. If you believe he was hitting on you or touched you inappropriately, bring it to the attention of his Captain.

5. It depends - usually police try to get a female to do the search

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Civil rights topics