Can a MA Police Officer be in any legal trouble for dating an Illegal Immigrant?

Asked 12 months ago - Beverly, MA

I dont want to put him through any trouble with his PD. I know some lawyers like to use the "Harboring an Illegal" but I would not want to get him into any trouble for "looking the other way" when it came to my legal status. Is there Legally anything wrong with dating an Immigrant? I have an overstayed J-1 visa. thanks for the help

1. Ilir Kavaja

4

Answered . Should be fine.

2. Namita Agarwal

3

1

Answered . No, it is not illegal to date an undocumented person.

Pro

5

Answered . He should be OK

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . No! If each police officer who dates an "illegal immigrant" (I prefer "undocumented") would be in trouble for that then many cities and localities across this great nation would be left with dangerously low levels of police protection.

5. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

4

Answered . He should be fine. Don't worry. Good luck!

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  6. Harry Asatrian

3

Answered . Last time I checked love Love is legal in the United States of America.

7. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

2

Answered . No. There is no law against dating or marrying an undocumented immigrant. Although, you should consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your options to potentially regain legal status.