Can a lie detector be used in a parentage summons? A fraudulent parentage summons was filed against me, Can I sue?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I was summoned for a parentage summons for June 7, 2013...This has fraudulently been filed against me and I want to sue and have a lie detector test prove my innocence? This person was always given voluntary visitation, but they always found some way to want me to come and get him.

Additional information

So...Do I have to pay $210 to file the appearance? If I provide in writing the dates and times and give a detailed account of visitation instances would this be enough for my case? A DNA test has already been established. I also want to know if I could use my police report as evidence in regards to proving that the safety of my child is at stake with this person? My son has been with me since birth.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. David Matthew Gotzh

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. If you were summoned you will have 30 days to file an appearance (About $210 appearance fee), and file an a written answer. If no parentage judgment on file, a DNA test may be ordered. If you do nothing, you will automatically be legal parent by default (And you will be UNABLE to undo this after 30 days of entry of judgment, irregardless of whether you are or aren't the real parent). Then the child support payments start, among other things.

    Just show, or get an attorney to show on your behalf if you'd rather not miss work. Talk to a family law attorney in your area for specific guidance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,205 answers this week

3,469 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,205 answers this week

3,469 attorneys answering