Can a Legal Permanent Resident be deported for a single offense of Possession of Marijuana.

Houston, TX |

My Best Friend recently got arrested for Possession of Marijuana. He got a Misdemeanor B and a bond of $500. The amount is less than 30 grams, but according to him he is unsure of how much he is caught with. In the state of TX from what I have read 2oz or less is a Misdemeanor B. He was with someone else when this happened. Will my friend be deported?

Good grief! You asked this question 4 times. The volunteer attorneys will answer when and if they can. Posting the same question multiple times will not get you more or better answers. Please have patience.

Consult with a TX immigration attorney - look on AVVO tab "Find Attorneys"

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

I agree.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.