Can a Legal Permanent Resident be deported for a single offense of Possession of Marijuana.

My Best Friend recently got arrested for Possession of Marijuana. He got a Misdemeanor B and a bond of $500. The amount is less than 30 grams, but according to him he is unsure of how much he is caught with. In the state of TX from what I have read 2oz or less is a Misdemeanor B. He was with someone else when this happened. Will my friend be deported?

Houston, TX -

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Mokena, IL

Good grief! You asked this question 4 times. The volunteer attorneys will answer when and if they can. Posting the same question multiple times will not get you more or better answers. Please have patience.

Michael R Crosner

Michael R Crosner

Personal Injury Lawyer - Northridge, CA

Consult with a TX immigration attorney - look on AVVO tab "Find Attorneys"

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

I agree.