Can a lawyer represent me for a Warrant in maryland, when i live in florida?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Palm Beach, FL

MISDEMEANOR DRUG POSESSION, FTA FOR VIOLATION OF PROBATION. ORIGINAL PLEA WAS PROBATION BEFORE JUDGEMENT. lIVING IN FLORIDA FOR TEN YEARS - NO NEW ARRESTS SINCE ORIGINAL ARREST IN 2003. CAN THIS BE TAKEN CARE OF WITHOUT RETURNING TO THE STATE JAIL TIME ?

1. Christopher Charles Dyer

Pro

9

Answered . You should discuss this with a criminal defense attorney in Maryland. Hopefully the court will allow some plea in absentia (written plea to the court sworn to by you and submitted to the judge) without the execution of the warrant.

Try the Maryland Bar Association website to find an attorney in the county where your charges are pending.

2. William David Umansky

Pro

8

Answered . You need to hire a lawyer in Maryland to try and set aside the warrant. A lawyer who is boarded here and Maryland can help you as well.

3. Robert David Malove

Pro

5

Answered . Yes! Where you live is irrelvant. A Florida lawyer could ask your judge to set the warrant aside and give you 30-days to appear. Jail time will be up to the judge, but I doubt you'd get locked up.

4. Colleen M. Glenn

Pro

5

Answered . You definitely need an attorney in Maryland to resolve this issue. Contact the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and ask them to recommend an experienced attorney in the county where the charge originated.