Can a lawyer represent me for a Warrant in maryland, when i live in florida?

Palm Beach, FL |
Filed under: Criminal defense

MISDEMEANOR DRUG POSESSION, FTA FOR VIOLATION OF PROBATION. ORIGINAL PLEA WAS PROBATION BEFORE JUDGEMENT. lIVING IN FLORIDA FOR TEN YEARS - NO NEW ARRESTS SINCE ORIGINAL ARREST IN 2003. CAN THIS BE TAKEN CARE OF WITHOUT RETURNING TO THE STATE JAIL TIME ?

1. You should discuss this with a criminal defense attorney in Maryland. Hopefully the court will allow some plea in absentia (written plea to the court sworn to by you and submitted to the judge) without the execution of the warrant.

Try the Maryland Bar Association website to find an attorney in the county where your charges are pending.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. To set up a free consultation, please call my office at 727-755-3476.

2. Yes! Where you live is irrelvant. A Florida lawyer could ask your judge to set the warrant aside and give you 30-days to appear. Jail time will be up to the judge, but I doubt you'd get locked up.

3. You need to hire a lawyer in Maryland to try and set aside the warrant. A lawyer who is boarded here and Maryland can help you as well.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.

4. You definitely need an attorney in Maryland to resolve this issue. Contact the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and ask them to recommend an experienced attorney in the county where the charge originated.