Can a lawyer help with a dui charge

Alpharetta, GA |

I was pulled over for speeding and was charged with dui and child endangerment

1. Certainly I would advise talking to a lawyer about those charges. When is your court date? Is this your first DUI?

2. Yes, a good DUI lawyer can usually help with a DUI charge. How much we can help will depend on the facts of the case. You should call and speak to a lawyer ASAP to discuss the facts of your case and the 10 Day Letter that can help save your license. You have 10 business days from the date of your arrest to act.

3. Yes a lawyer can help and you really need one because if you are convicted of both DUI and child endangerment, then your license will be suspended for a year with no driving at all (they treat it like this is your second DUI). Did you take a test? If so, what were the results?

4. A good DUI attorney can help you with your tickets but you need to proceed with caution and hire someone that you are comfortable with and can talk to. DUI charges are extremely complicated. We're you pulled over in Alpharetta or Roswell or Milton or somewhere else?

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. At this time, I am not accepting professional responsibility on this matter. No attorney/client relationship is created unless and until I receive a signed retainer agreement along with the requested retainer fee. If this matter is truly important to you, hire an attorney. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 678-510-1716 or mbarber@barberlegalcounsel.com if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). Without reviewing the appropriate paperwork It is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. Circular 230 Disclosure: Pursuant to recently-enacted U.S. Treasury Department Regulations, we are now required to advise you that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

5. Yes you absolutely need a very good lawyer!

6. In Georgia, a child endangerment charge can present as many, if not more, problems than A DUI charge. The two charges are separate and having a child endangerment charge can make you a 2nd DUI offender from one arrest.
    With this said, yes, lawyers negotiate and analyze these cases every day. You have some good lawyers answering your question.
    Alpharetta's court is a city court, so your lawyer will only be able to negotiate with the prosecutor there about the charges- rather than have any hearings or a trial. With that said, speak to lawyers about how they approach cases in Alpharetta and go with who you are comfortable with.

Evan A. Watson is a Georgia licensed attorney. All information is based on Georgia law, and no response should be construed as legal advice. Additionally, this response does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is simply a form of legal education and is intended to provide general information for all readers. Please refer with an attorney who practices in your applicable state for non-Georgia legal questions.

7. Yes absolutely. I strongly suggest strongly that you hire a locally experienced DUI attorney, especially given the child endangerment charge. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

8. At this point, the officer who arrested you has more training and experience in making DUI arrests than you have at defending them. Unless you are a trained lawyer in this area, you won't know what to look for to help with your defense. For instance, do you know the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration's guidelines for conducting and scoring field sobriety tests? Most lawyers who are trained in this area of law are very familiar with these standards and catch officers failing to conduct these tests appropriately on a regular basis. Being able to recognize the strengths and/or weaknesses in the State's case against you is important, both for negotiating a settlement of this case and, if not, for presenting the best defense at trial. You absolutely need a lawyer.

Allen R. Knox
    125 TownPark Drive, Suite 300
    Kennesaw, GA 30144
    (678) 334-1399

9. Yes you absolutely need a DUI lawyer. You're facing some very serious charges, especially since you have an additional child endangerment DUI. It is important that you hire somebody as quickly as possible so that they have ample time to investigate your case.

10. The charges you have mentioned are serious charges and can have a lasting effect on you and your driver's lic. I would strongly advise speaking to an attorney.

Traffic tickets topics