Can a lawyer get my college transcript for me, even though i owe the school money for the perkins loan. im currently paying

Asked almost 3 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

im currently paying off the loan now, but i need my transcript for my job or i caint work anymore

1. Max L Rosenberg

Pro

Answered . There should be no problem getting your transcript. Have you gone to the Bursar's Office to see what the holdup actually is? Your progress on the loan should have nothing to do with your school records. A lawyer may help

2. Theodore Lyons Araujo

Pro

Answered . Have you contacted the college for the transcript now thaat you are making payments? A letter from an attorney may dislodge the transcript.

3. Marc Gregory Wagman

Answered . If you owe the school money for tuition then perhaps that is why they are holding the transcript. You need to check with the bursars office to find out why they are holding your transcripts. A lawyer may be able to help in getting the transcript, but if you owe tuition they generally can withhold the transcript and many colleges do just that. Also, you should see if you can work out some arrangement to pay them and have them release the transcript. Without working and them not releasing the transcript your life is at a standstill and they are not getting paid. Hope this helps.