Can a lawyer get a state tax lien off my credit report?

Asked about 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

What is needed to remove a State of AZ tax lien that has been on my credit report since 1998 and keeps getting renewed. I can NEVER pay the debt and because of that lien I can't even rent an apt. (in a safe area) outside areas like 'ghetto' will rent to anyone but I want to live in a nice apt.

1. Christopher Dewitt Brockett

5

1

Answered . You should contact a tax attorney in your area and discuss with them the potential to make an offer and compromise with the State of Arizona. The state may accept the offer depending on your financial situation and then once the lien shows that it had been satisfied, you should be able to rent. However, once satisfied the lien will stay on your record for approximately decent years depending on the reporting credit agency

2. Evan A Nielsen

4

1

Answered . The simple answer is "possibly" depending on the circumstances. The AZ Dept of Revenue has been very cooperative with us in the past on some similar issues but they take convincing first. Contact our AZ office if you want details. (480) 888-7111.

3. Bruce Givner

1

Answered . You should contact Mr. Nielsen since he has an office in Arizona.