Can a landlord wrongfully evict me from a commercial leased property by changing the locks and and retaining my personal propert

Ocala, FL |

the landlord in a commercial leased property has changed the locks and will not alllow me access to my property they have not filed any process and filed a three day notice after they changed the locks

No, the landlord cannot practice self help in Florida, which is what this amounts to.
Seek a local landlord tenant lawyer or real estate attorney immediately.

No! Florida does not permit self help eviction. It has to go through the court. You have a good case for damages against him or her. Hire a lawyer to assist in filing this case

Sounds like an illegal eviction. You need an attorney, not a message board.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

In Florida, no landlord can change locks to evict a tenant without completing the eviction process through the court system. From your posting, the landlord has now given notice, but that is not enough to bar you from the property/location. You should consult with an attorney and seek legal actions against the landlord.

By retaining your personal property, the landlord has converted it which means that the landlord now owes you the value of the property on the date of conversion.

Hire a lawyer immediately!

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me vblawyer@bellsouth.net, or visit my website http://www.millerlawoffices.us

Landlord-tenant topics