Can a landlord limit the number of occupants in a rental

Bowling Green, OH |

I have a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath condo listed for rent. A prospective tenant has 5 children. Can I Publish the number of occupants accepted in my ad?

Most local codes set the limits of occupancy. Ask the local codes officer and stick with that number.

DISCLAIMER The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.
James S. Tupitza
212 West Gay Street
West Chester, PA 19380

Landlord-tenant topics