Can a landlord fail to provide air conditioning in hot weather?

Asked 10 months ago - Falls Church, VA

Out of revenge, my landlord has removed the cable TV boxes leaving my child and I without any television at all. He also turned off the air conditioner, and it is sweltering in the house. He disconnected the air conditioner so we cannot turn it on .

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . ABSOLUTELY NOT. Call police immediately. Police nay say its a cuvil matter, but frequently they will take the LL aside and tell him how much trouble he is in. What LL has done is a crime in some states, and it exposes the LL to a law suit, damages, maybe attorney fees, termination of lease agreement, rent abatement.
    Write a letter to LL demanding A/C back immediately it you will take him to court. If he refuses. Take him to small claims court. Send that letter certified nail.