Can a landlord enter my home without a 24 hour notice.

Columbus, OH |

can my landlord come to my home without a notice and can she evicted me because i called the city on her.

1. Yes, there are times when LL can enter without notice---emergencies:fire, smoke, flooding etc. any other reasons require notice.

LL cannot evict you at all! ONLY a court can. LL must use the court system to evict and calling the city is NOT a valid reason the court will support.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

2. i agree with my Colleague

however, usually Landlords are only unhappy when the rent is not being paid on time

do you pay on time and are you current ?

Landlord-tenant law topics