Can a landlord demand that she store stuff in my garage a year and a half after we moved in?

San Diego, CA |

the washer/dryer and refrigerator was removed per our request before we moved in a year and a half ago. My landlord called and said the owner wants the washer/dryer and refrigerator brought back to my house and stored in my garage and I have no choice in the matter and I must clear a space. Is it legal for the owner to store stuff in my garage that was removed so long ago? Can they legally evict me if I don't store his stuff?

The landlord is effectively changing the terms of the lease, which is perfectly permissible. The landlord could also give you formal notice of a change in the lease upon thirty-days notice.

What the landlord probably cannot do is tell you that, if you do not agree to store it now, you will be evicted. This threat may be considered retaliatory.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant