Can a judgement that former landlord has against me for past due rent be discharged in bankruptcy

Asked over 5 years ago - Denver, CO

If my landloard files a judgement aginst me for past due rent, and I plan on filing bankruptcy...Is the judgement dischargeable? Currently I am residing in Denver Colorado, but am moving to Wisconsin where job opportunities are easier to obtain. The past due rent is due to my loosing of my job, due to the economy.

1. Craig Dennison Robins

Pro

Answered . YES. You can discharge the judgment your landlord obtained against you for past due rent.

Most debts can be discharged in a Chapter 7 case. They typically include credit card debt, deficiency judgments, personal loans, medical debt, and obligations for past rent when you do not plan to continue the landlord-tenant relationship.

For more info about bankruptcy, please feel free to check out my bankruptcy blog by clicking this link: