Can a judgement against my wife attach to my credit report?

La Jolla, CA |

My wife took out a loan prior to our marriage. Her Grandmother was a cosigner on the loan. Her Grandma passed away. Could a judgment against my wife affect and or attach to my credit?

It is outside of my specific knowledge but I don't believe so. No court or credit agency can attach one person's wrong to another's credit history. However, there are many instances where the two of you may apply for a joint line of credit and in that instance, her bad credit may impact your ability to borrow.

good luck

Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principals discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different States.

Marriage and prenups topics

Recommended articles about Marriage and prenups