Can a judge revoke my bond without just cause? What is just cause for a cash bond being revoked?

Asked over 1 year ago - Portsmouth, OH

felony 3 illegal conveyance into a prison sent a very small amount of a controlled substance into a prison now i am out on bail after a warrant was issued for me without me knowing. I never had a felony before and am scared to death please help! can they revoke my bond? I have one count F 3 Illegal conveyance

1. John Maurice Holcomb

5

Answered . A bond won't be revoked unless you violate the conditions of release, or additional/more serious charges are brought.

2. Frank Mascagni III

4

Answered . The first thing you need to do is hire an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. Second, abide by all the terms of your bond conditions. A judge will not alter the bond without a motion to do so based on good grounds: you broke a bond condition, missed court, got a new arrest, etc. Get counsel to advise and direct you through the process.

3. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

3

Answered . When you have conditions over your head you need to make sure you understand exactly what they are. You ask, "Can a Judge revoke your bond...." The answer is yes if he/she believes that there is just cause. That is in his/her opinion not yours so don't get close to the line of what your conditions are!!!!! Get an experienced attorney now and talk over all of these things with him/her.