Can a judge revoke my bond without just cause? What is just cause for a cash bond being revoked?

Portsmouth, OH |

felony 3 illegal conveyance into a prison sent a very small amount of a controlled substance into a prison now i am out on bail after a warrant was issued for me without me knowing. I never had a felony before and am scared to death please help! can they revoke my bond? I have one count F 3 Illegal conveyance

The first thing you need to do is hire an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. Second, abide by all the terms of your bond conditions. A judge will not alter the bond without a motion to do so based on good grounds: you broke a bond condition, missed court, got a new arrest, etc. Get counsel to advise and direct you through the process.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

When you have conditions over your head you need to make sure you understand exactly what they are. You ask, "Can a Judge revoke your bond...." The answer is yes if he/she believes that there is just cause. That is in his/her opinion not yours so don't get close to the line of what your conditions are!!!!! Get an experienced attorney now and talk over all of these things with him/her.

A bond won't be revoked unless you violate the conditions of release, or additional/more serious charges are brought.