Can a judge revoke my bond without just cause? What is just cause for a cash bond being revoked?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Portsmouth, OH

felony 3 illegal conveyance into a prison sent a very small amount of a controlled substance into a prison now i am out on bail after a warrant was issued for me without me knowing. I never had a felony before and am scared to death please help! can they revoke my bond? I have one count F 3 Illegal conveyance

Attorney answers (3)

  1. John Maurice Holcomb

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A bond won't be revoked unless you violate the conditions of release, or additional/more serious charges are brought.

  2. Frank Mascagni III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The first thing you need to do is hire an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. Second, abide by all the terms of your bond conditions. A judge will not alter the bond without a motion to do so based on good grounds: you broke a bond condition, missed court, got a new arrest, etc. Get counsel to advise and direct you through the process.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this... more
  3. Patrick Owen Earl


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . When you have conditions over your head you need to make sure you understand exactly what they are. You ask, "Can a Judge revoke your bond...." The answer is yes if he/she believes that there is just cause. That is in his/her opinion not yours so don't get close to the line of what your conditions are!!!!! Get an experienced attorney now and talk over all of these things with him/her.

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,843 answers this week

2,899 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,843 answers this week

2,899 attorneys answering