Can a judge revoke a bond if it is not in the requirements?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Steelville, MO

My dad had his bond revoked for something that was not listed on the condtions of the bond

1. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

7

Answered . Without the bond requirements and the evidence before the court, it's impossible to explain what happened. The direct answer to you question though is Yes. If I knew what evidence the court had that prompted the revocation, I could possibly provide further insight.

2. Frank Mascagni III

6

Answered . A judge can always review the conditions set for bond based on new factors. Can a judge revoke a bond? Yes. You need to review this matter with his criminal defense attorney for advice.

3. Timothy Ryan Brown

3

Answered . Yes, there are other reasons that may lead a judge to revoke bond. Your dad should talk with a local attorney.

4. Michael Douglas Shafer

3

Answered . Yes. More facts are required, however, for me to give you an answer with greater specificity.