Can a judge preside over a child custody case and a murder one charge for the same defendant same case different courts

Taos, NM |

the district judge was presiding over both the child custody hearing for the defendant and the murder one charge. the judge was also under investigation for abuse of power and resigned before being removed. the defendant was advised to plead out the day before the judge quit his job. he also denied a change of venue for this case even though the victim had political power in the town. there was a lot of other mitigating factors that were happening in this case.

I think this would be good ground to withdraw a plea or on appeal. Talk with your attorney

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship

Professional ethics topics

Recommended articles about Professional ethics