Can a judge legally bastardize a child?

Asked about 1 year ago - Salem, OR

Can a judge legally bastardize a child, based on the biological father claiming he's not the father, without ordering a DNA test?

1. Jay Bodzin

2

Answered . "Bastardizing" isn't a thing, so I'm not quite sure what you mean.

If a child is born to a married woman, there is a legal presumption that her husband is the child's father. That presumption can be rebutted. It doesn't necessarily require DNA testing - for example, if there's evidence that the spouses hadn't seen each other in years, that might be enough.

Please read the following notice:

2. Joanne Reisman

2

Answered . We no longer make moral judgments and the word bastard isn't really used anymore. Finding out who the father is can involve applying the law and sometimes DNA tests. See an attorney so you can discuss the facts of the case completely and the attorney can then discuss the law with you as it applies to this situation. http://www.portlandlegalservices.com

3. Diane L Gruber

Pro

1

Answered . Sorry, but more information is needed to understand just what you are asking.