Skip to main content

Can a judge decision during a final hearing be overturned?

Dallas, TX |

I asked for post spousal maintenance and modified child support because spouse makes more than what he stated....Ive been off work for medical issues for 1 1/2 years prior to his leaving. Please help

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You need to find a lawyer to represent you - there are many good family law attorneys here on Avvo. If you cannot afford a lawyer, call Legal Aid of North Texas or one of the other similar services in Texas.

    I cannot stress strongly enough the critical importance of getting legal counsel in family law matters that are anything more than the most basic matters. I don't practice family law, but in sitting around the courtroom waiting for hearings and civil, non-family cases, I've seen more people get completely railroaded on family law matters because they don't have a lawyer.

    This answer is made available for educational purposes and is not intended to give you specific legal advice. I do not represent you and by using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client relationship or privilege between you and me. This site should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a retained, licensed attorney in your state who has reviewed your question and the surrounding facts in detail. I attempt to provide good, helpful information, but do NOT rely on anything I write - you should use my comments as a starting point for consulting an attorney you have retained to represent you regarding your specific legal and factual circumstances.

  2. I agree with the other attorney that has already answered this question.
    I'd be on this website today looking for legal assistance.
    Time is of the essence.
    You have a limited number of days to overturn a judge's final decision.

  3. In Dallas, you have 7 days from the rendition of an associate judge's order to request a de novo hearing in a district court judge's court. You have to move on this and fast. Grab your papers and start calling lawyers.

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics