Can a house in Oklahoma, that is in probate, be sold by the State for deliquent taxes?

Asked over 3 years ago - Norman, OK

There are 4 years of deliquent taxes due on the house. The executor of the will has not initiated probate proceedings.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Robert Jan Suhajda

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Probate is a process to change title and is not an means for asset protection. Yes.

    Disclaimer of California Attorney. Laws differ from state to state. Although the above response is believed to be... more
  2. Henry Daniel Lively

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes, they can.

    Any individual seeking legal advice for their own situation should retain their own legal counsel as this response... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,142 answers this week

3,377 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,142 answers this week

3,377 attorneys answering