Skip to main content

Can a hospital take you to court for payment, if you are paying them what you can afford a month?

Memphis, TN |

I am paying the hospital 20 dollars a month and they want more

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes, any creditor can enforce a right to be paid in full by seeking a judgment. With that judgment a creditor can garnish wages and bank accounts, and attach non-exempt properties. Any payment agreement is strictly a matter of courtesy on the part of the creditor, and the debtor has no power to decide what the payment will be.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.



I am not your attorney nor is any answer I may provide legal advice. You may contact me directly for legal advice only if you are a resident of Tennessee insofar as I only practice in Tennessee.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer