Can a home builder deduct upgrades out of earnest money if you don't close? The new home is contingent on the sell of my home.

Oklahoma City, OK |

I put $5000 earnest money down and I have upgrades totalling $3000. My house has not sold so builder is listing his house with a 48 hour kick out clause. Is he allowed to only refund me $2000?

1. It depends - what does the contract say about upgrades and who is responsible fi the transaction does not close?

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Business topics