Can a high school Principal suspend or expel a female student for sending nude photographs two years before entering that school

Pineville, WV |

if she took the pictures and sent them before entering that school can she be punished by that school

Public school? Unlikely that the school can discipline or take any action. Private school? The school is likely to insist on remedial "intervention," but formal discipline is unlikely.

Now, aside from the issues of the school's rights and powers, this young person has a specific and recognizable problem and that problem needs to be dealt with constructively and successfully. The school's actions are the least of the problem here. What really matters is her conduct and how this problem can define and limit her opportunities in life.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.