Can a H4 visa holder with a pending 'cruelty to juvenile' charge leave the country?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lafayette, LA

The husband has H1 visa. If he leaves, she will lose her legal status in the US. She's had her bonds hearing. One of the bail conditions restricts her from leaving the state. She's had no prior records. Will any of the records from the recent charge show up as she's leaving the country? (ie. will she get held up at the airport/bus station/etc.) Are there any options that would allow her to get her bail money back and leave the country?

PS. The child has recovered and is doing fine.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . She needs to talk to her criminal defense attorney. That attorney needs to talk to an immigration attorney about the possibility of getting a B visa.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Enquire from the criminal defense attorney

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,679 answers this week

2,942 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,679 answers this week

2,942 attorneys answering