Can a Guardian Removed a beneficiary from bank account or life insurance

Asked 10 months ago - Glenview, IL

thanks

My name is listed on the Bank account as Beneficiary in case of the Death of Mother . Thank You for the life insurance answer.

1. Judy A. Goldstein

4

1

Answered . Your question is a little confusing. A life insurance beneficiary cannot be removed except by the named insured unless there is a court proceeding to prove that the beneficiary somehow unduly influenced or coerced the insured if the insured took out the policy. If someone else took out the policy, that other person can name the beneficiary. There is usually no such thing as a beneficiary of a bank account. If you mean a joint tenant with rights of survivorship, the tenant has as much control over that account as the ward unless there is a court order to the contrary.

Pro

4

Answered . Not sure what your question is..... Are you the beneficiary?

3. Michael Leo Potter

3

Answered . Very confusing question. I'd sit down with an Estate Planning attorney and take your paperwork. See 'Find-A-Lawyer' at the top of this page.